It's time...

... It's time to not sink back to old weights...
... It's time to feel good about the skin you're in...
... It's time to end yo-yo dieting, binge eating, and feeling hungry...
... It's time for sustainable weight loss...

What this blog aims to achieve:

1. An opportunity for me to discuss my own feelings and experiences with weight loss.
2. An opportunity for others to share their own experiences and feelings.
3. An opportunity for us all to get through this together.

Monday, March 31, 2008

Monday: Uni week 2

Feeling a lot more optimistic this week (sorry about the pessimism!). AFter last week's discoveries i became a bit of a skeptic, and proceeded to eat what i wanted - this week my clothes still fit, i'm no heavier, i don't feel like i've gained weight (i haven't!). So maybe, with time, if i can keep the 10kg off without trying too hard (just a bit of exercise, and no eating 10 blocks of chockie a day) for a while... then maybe i can retrain my body to be normal... i think so... because i know that with time you can reduce the number of fat cells that exist in your body with weight loss (not just the size). So hopefully my body will get the picture and reduce the number, so that even if i pack those fat cells full - i can't be as fat as before because there are fewer cells! Personally, i don't believe that the changes to the adipocytes are totally irreversible, that seems quite unlikely (i am NOT in denial!). I just think that there is so much we don't know...

So its no "eating restriction" again for me for a while.

I'm actually quite happy with my body as it is now. Of course some time in the future i would like to be slimmer... but i'm passing off that opportunity for the moment by telling myself if i go slow, then i'll only have to lose this ONCE.. and will never be 80kg again... So at the moment i'm concentrating on increasing my fitness and cardiovascular fitness - so that i'll live a nice long life with my happy, healthy bones 'n heart!

Had my last WI today at ww (can't afford it anymore). Lost 400g since last week, (apparently)... but i don't trust scales anymore. I bought a body fat % analyser (like a Tanita) off ebay the other day ($25), as i'm going to concentrate on building up lean muscle mass - i want to get near 25% body fat if i can (i'm at 31.8% now).

Fitness was okay at fitness assessment last week (VO2max). I'm in the average for my age group. I've got top core strength, which was nice (abdom muscles), okay posture - but my flexibility is absolutely awful. I have to work on loosening out my calves!!!!

Been doing LifeSprints since learning about them last week. AN easy 20 minutes every morning on the exercise bike (8 sec sprint, 12 sec slow - repeated for 20 min), before brekky. Then i rely on incidental exercise during the day to get me through. Of course Tues and Sun are Soccer days (1h 30min each)... I will run on thurs nights, do pilates on fridays - and rest day monday (i.e. no cycling!).

Haven't measured myself in a few weeks. Will do tomorrow morning. Who knows if i'm any different.

I love being at uni - there is so much more fascinating stuff to occupy my thoughts than obsessing about losing weight all the time (very much not healthy!). Absolutely loving the course this term, though its really tough.

My favourite jeans are fitting quite comfy now, btw. :)

Better get some sleep,

xox Nikki

No comments: