It's time...

... It's time to not sink back to old weights...
... It's time to feel good about the skin you're in...
... It's time to end yo-yo dieting, binge eating, and feeling hungry...
... It's time for sustainable weight loss...

What this blog aims to achieve:

1. An opportunity for me to discuss my own feelings and experiences with weight loss.
2. An opportunity for others to share their own experiences and feelings.
3. An opportunity for us all to get through this together.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Still alive!

Again, a long lapse of time since my last post...

And (again) this doesn't mean i'm 'off the wagon'. To be honest i'm not on the wagon either! haha.

Weighed myself this morning out of curiousity, for the first time in probably 6 months. 65 kilograms, which is slightly less than last time (66.5 or whatever) - but it means i've successfully maintained this weight loss for 2 years now, without much difficulty at all (i would say no difficulty, because i haven't been trying at all - could it be I'm USED to my lifestyle that this lifestyle just feels like me?) I confess the last few weeks (ok maybe months) I've been eating more takeout than usual... and yet, i've kept the weight off...

Could it be? Could i have reached my ultimate dream: where 3 years ago I used to stare with jealousy at the skinny people in McDonalds wolfing down the burger 'n fries, and wondering what was wrong with me that I couldn't do that without being massive... Am i now the skinny person in McDonalds...? Yes! I actually think so! And how did I do it? I stopped focusing on food and dieting, which means that i only ever eat when I'm hungry. To be honest, 'dieting' is the worst thing for your mind - i used to spend all day thinking about losing weight. But what did that mean? That i spend all day thinking about food! Of course I'm going to want to eat all the time!

Anyway, better get on with my lit review, ugh.

xox Nikki

No comments: